Download AFDA Postgraduate Honours Development Bursary 2019 – 2020 application form here. See how to apply, eligibility condition, how to contact AFDA Postgraduate Honours Development Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSAR
AFDA is a fairly new tertiary institution, founded only 2 decades ago in 1994. However, that hasn’t stopped AFDA from becoming the top television, film and performance school in Africa.
The AFDA Board of Education (ABE) have established the Postgraduate Honours Development Bursary specifically for Motion Pictures students who lack funding to further their studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The AFDA Postgraduate Honours Development Bursary is intended for students who wish to study towards a Postgraduate BA Honours qualification in Motion Picture.
The bursary will cover the tuition fees of the course for one full year of study.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign two documents: a Bursary offer letter and a Spirit of Agreement which means that students must work back the bursary for one year on completion of their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Wish to study towards a Postgraduate BA Honours qualification in Motion Picture
- Will study part-time or full-time
- Current third year AFDA student/ previous AFDA BA graduates/ outside RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) students
- Excellent academic results
- Proven financial need
- BBBEE status
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for your “Postgraduate Bachelor of Arts” qualification online at: www.afda.co.za/apply
Once you have submitted your application for the course, you will be able to apply for the bursary.
You will be required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic results/ certificates of tertiary qualifications
- CV (maximum of 2 pages)
- Motivational Letter (maximum of 1 page) about why you deserve the bursary award
- Letter about your financial status and need for financial support with tertiary students (this can be included in your motivational letter or can be separate)
- Complete application forms and supporting documents must be submitted via email or hand delivered to an
- AFDA Student Affairs office – details can be found below under the “Contact” tab.
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact your nearest AFDA campus:
Cape Town: Lanna Lamberts
Tel: 021 448 7600
Physical Address: 18 Lower Scott Road, Observatory, 7925
Durban: Vashika Mistry
Tel: 031 569 2252
Physical Address: 2a Highdale Road, Glen Anil, 4051
Johannesburg: Sifiso Khuboni
Tel: 011 482 8345
Physical Address: 41 Frost Avenue, Auckland Park, 2092