Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary Application Form 2018 – 2019 is available for download here. Read below how to apply and finance your studies.
ABOUT Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary:
The Attorneys Fidelity Fund bursary is for LLB degree students for their final 2 years of study each year.
The Attorneys Fidelity Fund (AFF) is responsible for protecting the public from loss by theft of trust funds. The AFF’s main purpose is to reimburse clients who made use of an attorney and could suffer a monetary loss due to theft (either of money or property) which was entrusted to the attorney.
The AFF is a fidelity guarantee fund which encourages the public to make use of services offered by legal practitioners.
The Attorneys Fidelity Fund bursary funding will go towards tuition fees only – the amount of which will be determined by the Board of Control.
Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Satisfy ONE of the following criteria:
– Completed one of the following qualification: B Comm (Law)/ BA (Law)/ B Proc/ B Iuris OR a similar qualification
– Completed your first 2 years of the revised 4-year LLB curriculum
– Currently in your 2nd year of study (1st semester)
– Currently in your 3rd year of study (1st semester)
- Studying at a recognised South African University
- Preference will be given to students in great financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary
- Download and complete the Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary Application Form HERE (.pdf)
- Also download and read the Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary Rules HERE (.pdf)
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Photograph (passport sized) – to be attached to the top right-hand side of the application form
- South Africa ID document OR South African permanent residence (certified copy)
- Latest academic record official transcript (up until the end of the 1st semester of 2018)
- Testimonial by the Dean of your Faculty of Law
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Attorneys Fidelity Fund
PO Box 3062
2) Hand deliver:
Attorneys Fidelity Fund
28 Wale Street
Please note: Emailed and faxed applications will not be accepted
Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary CLOSING DATE:
15 August 2018 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary PROVIDER
Contact Person: Shawn Africa (Bursary Co-Ordinator)
Tel: 021 424 4608