Download Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund 2019 – 2020 application form here. See how to apply, eligibility condition, how to contact Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund South Africa.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPE WOOL SA
Cape Wools SA was established as an association in 1997 and is currently the South African Wool Industry’s official industry representative organisation. Cape Wools are responsible for representing the interests of the wool processors, wool buyers, wool buyers, wool traders, wool brokers, small stock breeders, the wool testing group and labour.
The mission of the organisation is to provide support to the wool industry of South Africa, by way of research and development, market intelligence and promotion through projects.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Cape Wools started the “Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund” to financially assist students towards obtaining a tertiary qualification relating to employment in the South African wool industry.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Animal Science (focusing on woolled sheep science)
- Wool Textile Technology/ Science
- Business/ Commerce disciplines
- Marketing disciplines
The bursary value will be awarded to a maximum of R30 000 for the first year of study. These funds must be used for registration, tuition, accommodation, prescribed books and other sundry study-related expenses.
Bursaries are awarded on an annual basis and are renewed based on the students academic performance.
Download and read the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund – Terms of Agreement (.pdf) before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Preference will be given to students from a previously disadvantaged background
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in the wool industry
- Meet all the entry requirements for one of the above qualifications at the students selected tertiary institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic results, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on the tertiary institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Covering letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
The Chief Executive Officer
Cape Wools SA
P.O. Box 2191
31 October 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cape Wool SA directly:
Tel: 041 484 4301
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com