Download KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary 2019 – 2020 application form here. See how to apply, eligibility condition, how to contact KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KZNFC
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) was established to assist with skills development in the province’s Film industry. The organisation was founded in terms of the provincial Act, which was passed in 2010. The vision of the KZNFC is to market the KwaZulu-Natal province as a diverse, sustainable and competitive industry and major film destination.
The organisations partners include – the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI); the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA); the Idustrial Development Corporation (IDC); the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF); Tourism KZN; Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife; Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal; Dube Tradeport and Three Cities.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The KZNFC bursary programme was initiated in 2014 to help address the skills shortage of the Film industry within KwaZulu-Natal. The bursary is intended for students pursuing Film Related studies, at a KwaZulu-Natal institution.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and prescribed textbooks.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded for one academic year, thus students must reapply for funding each year.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – should you not receive feedback within 8 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 25 years old or younger
- Reside with KwaZulu-Natal
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan to study towards a Film Related qualification (first year to final year)
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Disabled students are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the KZNFC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June exam results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Tertiary institutes 2019 fee schedule
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months) (latest payslips/ letter of employment/ proof of SASSA grants/ pension slip/ affidavit if unemployed)
- If parents are separated or divorced: statement with maintenance order/ affidavit
- Proof of disability if disabled
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Hand delivered: KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Office: Reception, 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 400
19 October 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact KZNFC directly:
Tel: 031 325 0200