Download Motsepe Foundation Bursary 2019 – 2020 application form here. See how to apply, eligibility condition, how to contact Motsepe Foundation Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MOTSEPE FOUNDATION
Patrice and Precious Motsepe (the Motsepe family) were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge. The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the wealthiest individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy. The Giving Pledge was founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, and since its inception, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
The Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalised within the country. This will be done by various projects and initiatives that will help beneficiaries to become independent and self-sustaining.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Motsepe Foundation will be awarding bursaries to those studying towards STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects, as well as those studying within the Arts fields.
Bursaries will be awarded to within fields related to:
- Medical Studies
- Technology & Business Studies
Students in the following fields are also encouraged to apply:
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following institutes: University of Johannesburg/ University of the Witwatersrand/
- University of Pretoria/ University of KwaZulu Natal/ University of Cape Town/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ Tshwane
- University of Technology
- Excellent academic results
- Proven financial need
- Intend on using your education and skills to uplift your community
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Motsepe Foundation Bursary application form in either of the following formats:
Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (.doc)
Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter
- Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record if currently at tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
14 October annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Motsepe Foundation directly:
Tel: 011 324 1500