Download Revolution Media Academy Bursary 2019 – 2020 application form here. See how to apply, eligibility condition, how to contact Revolution Media Academy Bursary South Africa.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – REVOLUTION MEDIA ACADEMY
Revolution Media Academy (RMA) is a daughter company of the Revolution Media Group, founded in 2011. The aim of RMA is to provide education within the Music, Media and IT sectors to previously disadvantaged students, while simultaneously address the backlog of educational training.
The nationally recognized institution, accredited by Mict Seta, is a registered private education & training provider. The academy offers National Certificates, National Diplomas, FET Certificates, professional master class course and a variety of online courses in Film & Television Productions, Music Performance, Studio Work, Sound Engineering, Video Technology and Radio Productions.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Each year, RMA awards 10 bursaries/ scholarships to deserving students, who strong academic potential and financial need.
There are two types of bursaries to be awarded:
1) Full cost bursaries: these will cover all study fees.
2) Partial bursaries: these will cover approximately 50% of tuition fees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Matric English and Mathematics in Matric
- Strong academic potential
- Proven financial need
- Studying or intend on studying at the Revolution Media Academy (not applicable for other institutions)
*Preference will be given to female students and students from rural areas.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Revolution Media Academy Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Passport size photo (to be attached to the application form where indicated)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric June results/ progress report (certified copies)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Current tertiary students: Matric certificate AND full academic record (on tertiary letterhead) (certified copies)
- An essay about yourself, your life why you should be awarded the bursary (written by the student)
- Letter of recommendation from a parent/ guardian (optional)
- Two testimonials: one from an educational official (principal or lecturer) and one from a community leader (spiritual leader or local civic leader)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, sworn affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted to one of the following offices:
Johannesburg Head Office – Floor 8, His Majesty’s building, 53 Elof Street, Corner Commissioner, Johannesburg CBD, Gauteng
Pretoria Campus – Floor 9, Apollo Building, 405 Stanza Bopape Street, (formerly Du Toit Corner Church Street) Pretoria, Gauteng
30 October 2017.
(Applications for 2019 will open in August 2018).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Revolution Media Academy directly:
Johannesburg Head Office
Tel: 011 492 0499/ 081 560 5091
Tel: 012 320 0350/ 081 560 5091