South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary Application Form 2018 – 2019 is available for download here. Read below how to apply and finance your studies.
About South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary
South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary awards bursaries to students who are passionate and that want to excel in their chosen field of study.
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA), established in 2010, is a public entity and government agency operating under the National Department of Science and Technology (DST).
SANSA is responsible for developing and promoting aeronautics and aerospace space research, with the companies main focus on utilising data acquired from remote sensing via satellites and other projects to provide assessment about fires, flooding, environmental phenomena and resource management both within the country and throughout Africa.
South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursaries are awarded to Postgraduate students in the following fields of study:
- Earth Observation (Hons/ PhD/ MSc):
Earth Systems Science with Remote Sensing
Environment and Health including Climate Change
- Space Science (Hons/ PhD/ MSc/ MPhil):
Geomagnetically induced currents in power systems
Ionospheric and radio propagation modeling
Multi-scale ionospheric physics, structure and dynamics
Multi-instrument studies of space weather
Antarctic radar studies of climate change
Theory of waves and solitons in plasma
- Engineering (Hons/ PhD/ MSc/ MTech/ MEng/ BTech/ DTech):
Software Systems Engineering
Antenna and Radio Frequency Systems Engineering
- All divisions (Hons/ PhD/ MSc):
Computer Science and Engineering
Field related to key SANSA objectives
SANSA BURSARY COVERAGE VALUE:
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of the following amounts (please note that these amounts are subject to change):
- Honours students: R 60 000
- Masters students: R 98 000
- Doctoral students: R120 000
South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% from previous degree qualification
- Intend on enrolling to study a Honours, Masters and DTech/ PhD qualification
- Satisfy the minimum entry criteria for acceptance into one of the aforementioned fields of study at a recognised South African University
- Identify the research area of their interest (projects will be assigned to students)
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants
HOW TO APPLY FOR South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary
- Applications must be done online at: https://www.sansa.org.za/bursaries
- You will be required to Register an account here: https://www.sansa.org.za/bursaries/login-register before you can login and apply.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Complete SANSA Testimonial Form (pdf),
- MSc and PhD students must add their research proposal
South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary CLOSING DATE:
- 15 August 2018.
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT South African National Space Agency SANSA Postgraduate Bursary PROVIDER
Tel: 012 844 0500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com