Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary Application Form 2018 – 2019 is available for download here. Read below how to apply and finance your studies.
ABOUT Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary:
The Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary scheme is for students who wish to train as professional chefs. These students must be passionate about cooking and food.
The bursary will cover one year of studies at Silwood Cookery School, Capsicum and Institute of Culinary Arts, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine or Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 15 October 2018 at the latest, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be South African citizen
- 18 years or older
- Able to start studies in January next year
- Able to cover the following costs – accommodation, transportation, living expenses and personal expenses (these are not covered by the bursary award)
- Have working experience in a professional kitchen as an intern or paid employee – café/ restaurant/ shop (minimum of 6 months)
- Have support from a stable home environment
- Must study at one of the following tertiary institutions closest to where you reside: Capsicum and Institute of Culinary Arts (Stellenbosch)/ Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town)/ Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton)/ Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion)
HOW TO APPLY FOR Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary:
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://taste.co.za/apply-now-2019-woolworths-taste-eat-culinary-bursary/
2) Download and complete the Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary Application Form HERE (.pdf)
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Colour photo (passport or ID size)
- Motivational letter about your goals, ambitions and why you should be awarded the bursary (max 200 words)
- Your answers to the 5 assessment questions on the application form (to be answered on a separate piece of paper)
If applying via hard copy of the application form, applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary CLOSING DATE
- 15 August 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out BURSARY PROVIDER